Wednesday, April 21, 2010

One Busy Month

Since Match Day, life for us has been just as expected....CRAZY BUSY! The weekend following the Caduceus Ball, we made a trip down to Birmingham to look at houses. I think we looked at about twelve houses in one day, which was extremely overwhelming. We actually found one we liked and made an offer, however someone else had already made an offer. Long story short, we ended up not getting the house. In the meantime, our Realtor, Leda, emailed us a few houses to look through. There was one in particular that we fell in love with. We told Lida to keep an eye on it because we weren't able to go down the following weekend, since it was Easter and had planned on being in Nashville. She watched it and even walked through it for us. Easter weekend went by and we hadn't heard anything, which was good news! We planned on going down the following Friday to walk through and maybe look at a few other houses, but I had a feeling that this was the house, even though we had not actually seen it in person. Well, that Tuesday we get a call from Leda saying someone had made an offer on the house, and if we want the house, we need to make an offer....THAT DAY! Now let me remind you, we still had not even walked through this house. We had only seen pictures. After talking through this with a few different people, we made an offer, and they accepted!! We went down that Friday to see our house for the first time and we both just fell in love with it! The home inspection was also that day. It went very well. Everything seems to be falling into place. We close on the house June 1st and will move in June 7th! Here is a picture of our first home!!!!!!
I mentioned above that we went to Nashville for Easter weekend. Saturday, Phi Sigma hosted an Alumni Breakfast at Lipscomb that I was finally able to go to. I believe the last Alumni Breakfast I went to, I was actually still in school. It was so good to see girls that I hadn't seen in a while. After breakfast, some of us girls went to lunch at Five Guys in Green Hills. Later that afternoon, I helped host a baby shower for Jenny and baby Mayzie. Here are just a few pictures from her shower.
Jenny and her hosts


Modeling her MRS mommy and me aprons!
Sarah, her sisters, and mother make these aprons.
You can buy them at Hot Pink in Brentwood!


Love you girls a whole lot!


Dying eggs for Easter


This is the only Easter picture we took this year :(

Life has started slowing down lately. Thank Goodness! The Gillespies are out of town this week, so I have the entire week off! I am using this week to catch up on things. I have started packing. Brandon says it's a little early, but he will be thanking me when we really start packing. I have cooked some pretty awesome dinners--boiled shrimp on Monday and grilled tilapia on Tuesday. I'm thinking grilled burgers tonight! Yesterday, we went to the zoo for free Tuesday. Brandon brought his nice camera and took over 300 pictures while we were there. Here are just a few...


This is my favorite guy. Although right here, he was picking his nose and then eating it. Gross!


This is the new Teton Trek exhibit with three grizzly bear cubs


Looking straight at us through the glass



HIPPO



After this week, I have only two more weeks of work left. I cannot think about it without becoming emotional. Carter has been my little buddy for the last two years and Connor for the last eleven months. They have brought such happiness into my life. I was going to say more, but I can't start crying right now. Anyways, here is a picture of each. I am going to miss them so incredibly much.



I am going to leave you with a picture Brandon took at the zoo that I absolutely love!


No comments:

Post a Comment