Thursday, March 18, 2010

Match Day

So today was Match Day for all of us in medical school--a day which brings much excitement as well as apprehension for medical students across the nation. Our ceremony was located at the Pink Palace here in Memphis and was very informal compared to that of many other schools. The culmination of the event is the receiving of the sacred envelope which contains a piece of paper. Printed on this paper is the name of the program with which the student has "matched" and will be attending for the duration of his or her residency.

Well, I found out today that I matched with the UAB Department of Emergency Medicine! I was very excited to have found out this information and to have been able to share this day with Meaghan and my friends. Meaghan and I are thrilled to be moving to Birmingham and are very excited about the next few months as we prepare to move. Enjoy the photos below which documented the day.












4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I see you know Gavin too. We went to middle school together. I wish y'all were moving here but besides Nashville I guess it's pretty close! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats, brandon! (and meaghan) we'll miss you guys here in memphis. we're hoping to have all of you over sometime soon before you all say bye. good luck with all the planning now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Brandon and Meaghan! Good luck with your move to Birmingham!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Brandon!!! I'm nearly in tears with how happy I am for you and Meaghan!! I hope you two LOVE Birmingham!!

    ReplyDelete