Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Lake House

Brandon and I spent this past weekend at a lake house on Watts Bar Lake with his family. We met Brandon's dad, his wife, and his brother, Brooks there. His uncle Jim, aunt Shannon, and two cousins, Anne and Hana were there as well. It was good to see everyone since we get to see many of them only once or twice a year. Brandon and I were happy to get away from Memphis and to have a weekend to relax. The weather was overcast and rainy the majority of the weekend, but it didn't stop us. We all went for a Lokey family run on Saturday morning. Once we got back we went out on the boat for a while and then the boys took the jet skis out. Saturday night we had a wonderful dinner and then we celebrated my birthday! To finish the night off we played a few rounds of Sardines, which in that house was SO much fun because there so were so many good hiding spots!!!! At times, I kept thinking, "Wow, we are nine adults playing Sardines...this is really funny!"....but we had an absolute blast. I think we played for about two hours!

On Sunday, we decided to take the jet skis one last time before heading home. When Bailey noticed that Brandon and I were both taking off together on one jet ski she ran down the dock and jumped in after us. We had to ride up to the dock and make her get out of the water. Bill had to hold her back so that we could ride off. She can't stand to be far from us. Then the worst thing ever happened, we rode off and then turned around to wait for the other jet ski and we flipped. I screamed, and Bailey saw us and jumped in, swimming about 30 yards out to us. Once she got out to us we were already back on the jet ski so we made her follow us back to the dock. I guess she thought she was going to save us. Now that is one loyal dog!!

Later on that day we headed home, and Bailey slept almost the entire six hours of the trip! She wore herself out! Brandon and I had a wonderful time relaxing and catching up with family!

The Lake House
View from boat

On the boat

Brooks and Me

Boys about to go jet skiing

Brandon and Bailey

Isn't he cute?

Brandon at play

Bagel and Bailey playing tug-of-war

Bailey saving Brooks from drowning

Blowing out 26 candles can make you lightheaded

Me and my hubby


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you didn't tell me about Bailey's rescue attempt. That is so funny. At least I know you have a guardian if Brandon isn't around. You need to teach us how to play Sardines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you have Bailey and not Dakota - precious would have NOT jumped i the lake after me!!! Happy Birthday!!! Lovin' that happy haircut on Brandon! Talk to you guys later!!!

    ReplyDelete