Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend in Knoxville

For Labor Day weekend, Brandon and I took a road trip to Knoxville to visit our friends Russ and Heather. We left as soon as I got off work on Friday and stopped in Nashville to drop Bailey off at my mom's house on the way through. We arrived, along with James, Elizabeth, Craig, and Anna around midnight Friday in Knoxville.

Saturday was a big day for me! We went to the first UT game of the season, which happened to be the first game coached by Lane Kiffin and my first UT game EVER! Now let me remind everyone that I am not a UT fan.....I went for the experience. And an experience it was! I could not believe how much orange there was. We got there in time for the Vol Walk and the band's salute to the hill. I got a great picture of Kiffin, whom I now have a crush on! Ha! The game was so much fun! We had awesome seats in the shade thanks to Keith and Katrina! UT beat Western Kentucky 63-7. After the game, we went to Sawyer's for a dinner of wonderful chicken fingers. Then for dessert, we went to Menchie's. Menchie's is an awesome frozen yogurt place where you get a cup and put whatever flavor of yogurt you want in it, and then there is a bar with tons of fruits, toppings, and sauces to put over the yogurt. Then your cup gets weighed, and the price is determined according to the weight. It was pretty cool! Once we were finished with our yogurt, we headed home for hours of Nerts! We stayed up until 2 am!















Sunday we decided to sleep in since we had stayed up so late the night before. We went to Soccer Taco for lunch. Then the girls decided to go shopping, so the guys did their own thing. When we met back up at the apartment, we played Nerts for a few more hours. Yes, we are a little addicted! The entire weekend, we had planned on going downtown for Boom's Day to watch the fireworks, but when the time came for us to start getting ready to go, we all decided to just go to dinner and then come back and watch it on tv. We went to dinner at Sam and Andy's which has delicious steamed sandwiches and then made stop number two at Menchie's! We ended the trip by watching fireworks on tv. Who watches fireworks on tv? Boy did we feel old! I think we were all pretty exhausted after such a fun-filled weekend!









Thank you Russ and Heather for being such fabulous hosts! We miss you both so much!!

Also thanks to my mom for keeping our Bailey girl over the weekend!





1 comment:

  1. What a fun weekend. I can't believe I have never taken you to a Vandy/UT game. That stadium is impressive and if you luck up and Vandy wins there it can be incredible. :) And I was happy to keep my Grand Dog. She is a sweetie and no trouble and has the best eyes!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete