Sunday, December 13, 2009

Elf on the Shelf

Have you ever heard of Elf on the Shelf? I was introduced to it about two weeks ago and think it's such a fun tradition for families to have around Christmastime with their young children. The family I work for started it this year and Carter just seems to love it! The idea is to put the elf in a different place every morning and when the children wake up they go and find him. The elf is Santa's helper and he watches the children every day and then at night he will report back to Santa how the children were that day. The children can name him and talk to him, but cannot touch him. Carter has named his elf Bill. We have no clue where that name came from! We've also noticed better behavior in Carter because he knows Bill will go tell Santa how he is behaving. Just seeing how much fun Carter has had with it already, I know this is a fun little tradition I would like to begin in my own family one day!




No comments:

Post a Comment